It’s All About the Fundraising!
Make the Ask! Tip: the best days to ask for donations are Friday, the 15th and last day of the month, which are paydays for many! The #1 reason people give is that they are asked!
- E-mail: Upload your contact list from your email provider
(Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.) directly to your IDF Walk for PI HQ. This is an
easy way to track who has joined your team, received your emails or donated.
Send an email using our template asking your friends and family to join your
team or make a donation.
- Social Media: Are you on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or some
other type of social media? These can be valuable tools for recruiting team
members and raising funds. Use the hashtags #WalkforPI #THINKZEBRA #zebrastrong
in all of your posts.
- Phone: Call the people you are closest with and ask them to
support your efforts for a more intimate conversation about the importance of
- Mail: Write or type a letter and add a few photos of you and
your family at the walk. Mail to your friends and colleagues to catch up and
ask for their support.
- In-Person: Why not ask for a donation in person?! People are more likely to donate when they are asked in person than any other form of communication because the conversation is more in-depth and personal.
Be sure to thank your potential donors for their time, whether they give to you or not!
Helpful Fundraising Guides: